Discover the wonders of South Africa!
South Africa is a multiethnic society encompassing a multitude of cultures, languages, and religions country which officially known as the Republic of South Africa (RSA).
Due to its different geography and climate, South Africa has an abundance of cultures and 11 official languages.
South African’s wildlife attracts millions of tourists every year. Cape Town and Johannesburg are the most tourist destination in the world.
South Africa is the only country in the world where Mercedes-Benz produces right-hand drive vehicles.
Interesting facts about South Africa
- Official Name: Republic of South Africa
- Form of Government: Republic
- GDP: $368.3 billion
- GDP PER CAPITA, PPP: $13,630
- Capitals: Pretoria (administrative), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)
- Population: 57.78 million (2018)
- Official Languages: Afrikans, English, IsiNdebele, IsiXhosa, IsiZulu, Northern Sotho, Sesotho, Setswana, SiSwati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga
- Currency: Rand
- Timezone: GMT +2 hours
- Area: 1,219,089 square kilometres
- Dialing Code: +27
- Major Mountain Ranges: Drakensberg
- Major Rivers: Limpopo, Orange
- Region: Africa
- Border Countries: Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, and Swaziland. Lesotho
Map of South Africa
National Symbols of South Africa
- National Bird: Blue crane – Anthropoides paradisia
- National Animal: Springbuck/springbok – Antidorcas marsupialis
- National Fish: Galjoen – Coracinus capensis
- National Flower: Giant or king protea – Protea cynaroides
- National Tree: Real yellowwood – Podocarpus latifolius
- “Official South African Government Online Site” – https://www.gov.za
- “Facts About South Africa” – www.natgeokids.com
- “South African Map” – maps.google.com