National Flag of South Sudan was adopted on December 6, 1978.designed this South Sudan’s national flag.
Technical Specifications of South Sudan’s Flag:
- Adopted: July 9, 2005
- Proportion: 1:2
- Design: A horizontal tricolour of black, red, and green, fimbriated with white stripes; with a blue equilateral triangle based on the hoist side bearing a gold star.
What do the Colours of the South Sudan’s flag stand for?
- Black: Represents the people of South Sudan.
- Red: Represents blood that was shed for the independence of the country.
- Green: Represents the country’s agricultural, natural wealth, land, as well as progress
- White: Represents South Sudan’s peace attained after many years of the liberation struggle.
- Blue: Represents waters of the Nile River, a source of life for the country.
- Yellow: Represents unity (of the states), hope, and determination for all people.