Last Updated on May 14, 2020 by admin
National Flag of Zimbabwe was adopted on April 18, 1980. Flight Lieutenant Cedric Herbert of the Rhodesian Air Force and a member of the Rhodesian Heraldry and Genealogy Society designed this Zimbabwe’s national flag.
Technical Specifications of Zimbabwe’s Flag:
- Adopted: April 18, 1980
- Proportion: 1:2
- Designer: Cedric Herbert
- Design: Two Green, two gold, two red and one black horizontal stripes. A black-bordered white triangle with five-pointed red star behind a gold Zimbabwe bird
- Colors: PMS – Green: 355, Yellow: 102, Red:032
What do the Colours of the Zimbabwe’s flag stand for?
- Green: represents Country’s vegetation and land resources.
- Yellow: represents the country’s mineral wealth.
- Red: represents the blood spilt during the liberation struggle.
- Black: represents the black majority.
- The Zimbabwe Bird: is the National Emblem of Zimbabwe.
- The white triangle: stands for peace and the “way forward”.
- The Red Star: stands for internationalism