National Flag of Uganda was adopted on October 9, 1962. Grace Ibingira designed this Uganda’s national flag.
Technical Specifications of Uganda’s Flag:
- Adopted: January 28, 1992
- Proportion: 2:3
- Designer: Grace Ibingira
- Design: Six black-yellow-red-black bands with a white circle with grey crowned crane in the centre.
- Colors: PMS- Yellow: 116, Red: 186, Grey: 430
What do the Colours of the Uganda’s flag stand for?
- Black: symbolizes our African heritage and the fertile soil of Uganda.
- Yellow: is for the glorious sunny days, so characteristic of Uganda.
- Red: symbolizes the red blood that runs in our veins, forming a common bond to all humankind.